Company’s Mission Statement
Wellness Connection of Maine is a cannabis company operating in full compliance with state and local law.
Our mission is to provide qualified Maine patients with the highest quality cannabis at reasonable cost to them, to support members’ full-spectrum wellness, and to foster education about cannabis throughout the state.
Overview of Position
The Accounting and HR Clerk’s primary functions include assisting the Accounting Manager in ensuring that the organization’s financial records are accurate and assisting the Human Resources Generalist with recruitment and new hire onboarding.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Assist with various aspects of accounts payables, accounts receivables, and cash management
– Scan documents into the paperless filing system
– Create/maintain fixed asset records
– Produce internal reporting on a weekly and monthly basis
– Track/maintain State and federal compliance including managing various state licenses and 1099s.
– Perform account reconciliations and assist the Accounting Manager with monthly financial close
– Perform data entry and administrative duties
– Assist HR with recruiting: posting jobs, sourcing applications, reference checks, and interview scheduling
– Assist with new hire paperwork including onboarding, processing, and tracking
– Provide backup/support to payroll processing and other related tasks
– Follow/maintain procedure for electronic file maintenance
– Serve as backup for various other HR and accounting tasks
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration (or equivalent business experience)
· 1+ years of experience in accounting
· HR experience preferred but not required
· Experience with Great Plains Dynamics is a plus but not required.
· Must be computer literate and have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel; have knowledge of accounting software.
· Proficient language and mathematical skills with ability to read and interpret written documents, spreadsheets, and numerical data and equations
· To succeed, the Accounting and Human Resources Clerk must exemplify WCM values of Personal, Reliable, Good-Natured, and Trailblazers.
· Demonstrated professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to grasp new technologies, processes, and procedures quickly
· Ability to produce quality work within tight deadlines while managing multiple priorities
· Ability to maintain confidentiality, absolute reliability, and honesty
· Must have strong analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
· Must be adaptable and able to work in a teamwork environment
· Overtime work may be required during peak times in order to meet departmental and company deadlines; must be dependable and follow attendance/punctuality guidelines
· Ability to focus, attention to detail
· Skill at using computers
· Extended time sitting, standing, walking, bending, and climbing stairs
· Close visual focus required
· May spend extended periods operating a desktop computer requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity; communicating face-to-face, on the phone, and in writing also required
· Must be a Maine state resident
· Must pass a drug test and background check (state mandated)
· Must have reliable transportation as travel to multiple locations in Maine could be required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.50 per hour