- Grow up to three plants in their home.
- Produce edibles using their own cannabis for personal consumption.
- Possess up to 2.5 ounces of a combination of marijuana, marijuana concentrate and marijuana products, including no more than 5 grams of marijuana concentrate.
- Furnish cannabis to other adults, but not in exchange for money or valuables.
Our Recreational Stores:
HighNorth By Wellness Connection — South Portland, Maine
29 Western Avenue (Off I-295 Exit 3 SB) South Portland, Maine 04106 Direct Phone: (207) 553-9089 Hours:SHOP REC - South Portland
Mon-Sun: 10am - 7pm
Recreational Cannabis Wellness Connection — Portland, Maine
685 Congress Street (behind Local 188) Portland, ME 04102SHOP REC - Portland
Direct Phone: (207) 553-9003
Mon-Sun: 10am - 7pm
Recreational Cannabis By Wellness Connection — Gardiner, Maine
31 Maine Avenue (Historic Train Station) Gardiner, Maine 04345 Direct Phone: (207) 620-8231 Hours:SHOP REC - Gardiner
Mon-Sun: 10am - 7pm
Wellness Connection Medical Cannabis Dispensary — Brewer, Maine
221 Dirigo Drive, Brewer, ME 04412 Direct Phone: (207) 992-0552 Hours:SHOP REC - Brewer
Mon-Sun: 10am - 7pm
Follow us on social media (IG: @maine.wellness and @highnorthmaine), join our texting or email alerts to be the first to know when new recreational stores open.
No, unfortunately the State does not allow co-location and mandates a recreational cannabis store to be separate from a medical dispensary store.
However, we offer all medical card holders discounted pricing at our recreational stores. So, patients have the flexibility to shop at both our medical and recreational stores without paying more.
That’s correct. The new regulations significantly increase costs—they require huge investments in facilities, security upgrades, tracking systems, as well as excise taxes and testing fees. These increased costs, combined with a limited supply and pent-up consumer demand, will make products in recreational stores more expensive.
However, we have implemented medical card discounted pricing by absorbing these extra fees. All valid medical card holders will pay medical pricing in our recreational stores.
If you are 21+, you can shop at all WCM locations whether or not it is a rec store or a medical store. Medical patients receive discounted pricing at our recreational stores. So, patients have the flexibility to shop at both our medical and recreational stores without paying more. If you are under 21 and have a valid medical card, you can only shop at medical stores.
If you are 21 years of age or older with a valid ID, you may only shop at a recreational cannabis store.
This is a personal decision. Even though a medical card has a certification fee, medical card holders have the flexibility to shop at both our medical and recreational stores without paying more.
Eventually yes, but due to the complexity of the laws, we expect limited inventory throughout the State. This will not only affect recreational cannabis stores but also medical dispensaries. This is due to regulations, testing, and supply chain issues. We are doing everything in our power to make sure our patients have quality medicine.
Learn more about Maine’s Recreational Marijuana Laws at http://goodtoknowmaine.com/laws
Medical Cannabis FAQs
On December 13th, 2018 Maine’s new medical cannabis law became effective. The reforms expand access to medical cannabis and uphold all the legal protections that accompany being a legal, medical cannabis patient.
Below are the most notable changes:
- Members no longer need to meet certain state-defined criteria (conditions or symptoms) to be certified. Your physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant may certify you for the medical use of cannabis if they believe that you will medically benefit from it.
- Patients may purchase up to 2.5 ounces per transaction.
- Cardholders may use medical cannabis in assisted living and residential care facilities.
- Safety measures have been improved to include mandatory seed-to-sale tracking, proper labeling, and on-site security standards.
- Rules to expand business-to-business sales between medical cannabis providers that will improve selection and quality control.
- Non-cardholders may enter our dispensary
- Non-cardholders over the age of 21 are able to purchase CBD and non-cannabis products at our dispensaries.
Yes. If you are currently using medical cannabis, you must renew your certification to continue to legally buy medical cannabis. Medical caregivers and dispensaries will only permit sales to properly certified patients.
- Qualified patients may not be denied any right or privilege by landlords, employers or schools solely for that person’s status as a qualified patient.
- Courts may not rule against an individual in some domestic cases (i.e. divorce, custody) solely for status as a qualified patient.
- Qualified patients may not be subject to arrest, prosecution, penalty or disciplinary action for lawfully using medical cannabis.
- Hospitals, nursing homes, and hospices may permit qualified patients to ingest medicine at some facilities.
- Minor children (under the care of their physician/parental guardian) may legally ingest cannabis, and if needed, possibly in a school setting.
Whether you are state-certified, or an adult using cannabis under legalization, cannabis cannot be used in any form on a school bus or on the grounds of a preschool, primary or secondary school (unless specific protocols are followed for qualified child patients). No one can use cannabis on any form of public transportation or in any public place, or while operating, navigating, or riding in any motor vehicle, including aircraft, motorboats, snowmobiles, and all-terrain vehicles.
Cannabis is a natural alternative to over-the-counter and prescription mediciations. Our patients use it to improve digestion, calm muscle spasms, stimulate appetite, lift depression, alleviate insomnia and more—safely and non-synthetically, Unlike other drugs (even aspirin), there is no lethal dose of cannabis.
Yes. Wellness Connection of Maine offers a variety of strains that are tailored to suit your needs. Many strains and value-added products (tinctures, salves, lotions, medibles) that are rich in CBD will combat symptoms without causing a “high” effect. Your WCM staff will assist you in finding the type of cannabis, and modality that works best for your needs.
In Maine, any M.D., D.O. or C.N.P., or P.A. can recommend cannabis for you. Once your provider has written a certification, you may visit a WCM dispensary location. Upon arrival, our staff will talk with you to fully understand your needs, provide guidance on suggested strains, review all modalities available, and answer any questions you have about cannabis.
No. Wellness Connection of Maine knows that one person’s preferred way of taking medicine might not suit another. We provide a variety of strains and delivery methods, including flower medicine, freshly-baked edibles, tinctures, salves, vapes and sublingual tablets. This range allows our clients to choose which methods work best for them.
On each visit, our staff will discuss the benefit of various delivery methods, the proper dosage, and will make a personalized recommendation about what strain(s) best fit your needs.
Currently, there is no USDA organic certification process for the cannabis industry.
Our state-of-the-art facilities are designed to exceed the highest production standards. With your health and safety in mind, under the guidance of renowned scientists, we cultivate pesticide-free cannabis and test our products for purity and consistency.
It’s not easy being green, but we are committed to going 100% green. We are actively reducing our carbon footprint by recycling and using paperless administration.
WCM is proud to be MPS certified. This third-party certification demonstrates our commitment to sustainability and to the preservation of our environment. WCM actively works to reduce our carbon footprint by recycling, using paperless administration and participating in many greening initiatives within our community. It’s not always easy being green, but we are committed to it.
By law, medical cannabis users are allowed to access their medicine from several sources. You can:
- Grow up to 6 cannabis plants on your own;
- Purchase through a state-licensed dispensary or a caregiver.
By law, medical cannabis users can purchase up to 2.5 ounces per transaction, and may possess up to 8 pounds of harvested marijuana.
We stand for cannabis as an experience where wellness and community come together. Keeping standards high and prices affordable, we guide you toward the right experience, made just for you. For your convenience, we offer all things cannabis in one place. Here, people with similar interests, come together to gain knowledge and meet old and new friends.
Qualified patients (over the age of 18) and/or their caretakers are allowed into the dispensary. Minor children may enter with their guardian/parent on their first intake appointment only.
Dispensaries offer a safe, private, welcoming environment and a consistent supply of quality medicine. Wellness Connection of Maine is state-licensed and held to rigorous standards for security, quality, and inventory control. We also offer educational and wellness services at no additional cost, and we support local charities and other non-profits who share our values.
Wellness Connection of Maine is licensed by the state to provide consistent, safe access to medical cannabis to qualified Maine residents. As a state-licensed entity, we are bound by law to strictly uphold the letter and intention of Maine law.
Every time you come to the dispensary to purchase medicine or use our other services, you must show your:
- Valid Government issued ID such as a Driver’s License or State Photo ID
- Valid, current proof that you are a Maine medical cannabis patient, either:
- Original, tamper-proof Physician’s Certification; or
- DHHS issued Medical Cannabis Program card
We do not accept other forms of ID (such as cards issued from doctor’s offices, other photo IDs, etc.) By law, if you do not have the proper ID, we must turn you away. Avoid disappointment and come prepared!
Wellness Connection of Maine accepts out-of-state members (visiting qualifying patients) from the following states that have been approved by the state of Maine:
Approved states: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa. Massachusetts. Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, Washington, DC (Click HERE to view the state site list as it is subject to change).
Patients who are residents of these states may purchase medical cannabis products from a registered dispensary or caregiver subject to the limitations imposed by the laws and rules of the State of Maine if the following 2 criteria are met:
- Home-jurisdiction certification: The visitor shall possess a valid medical use of marijuana certification issued by the visitor’s home jurisdiction.
- Photographic identification: The visitor shall possess a valid Government Issued ID or Driver’s License.
Wellness Connection of Maine has a price structure designed to make wellness services and medicine affordable for all of its members. Ask our staff if you qualify for a preferred rate reduction.