The Process for Maine Residents Shopping Medical
Wellness Connection of Maine is licensed by the state to provide consistent, safe access to medical cannabis to qualified Maine residents. We know that you have other choices to access your medicine, and we are grateful for the opportunity to serve you. Since we’re overseen by the state, we are bound by law to strictly uphold the letter and intention of Maine’s law.
EVERY time you come to the dispensary to purchase medicine containing THC, you must show your:
- Valid Government issued ID such as a Driver’s License or State Photo ID
- Valid, current proof that you are a Maine medical cannabis patient, either:
- Original, tamper-proof Physician’s Certification; or
- DHHS issued Medical Cannabis Program card
We do not accept other forms of ID (such as cards issued from doctor’s offices, other photo IDS, passports, etc. …) By law, if you do not have the proper ID, we must turn you away. Avoid disappointment and come prepared!
The Process for Out-of-State Visiting Patients Shopping Medical
A visiting qualifying patient (non-Maine resident, out-of-state visitor) is a patient with a debilitating medical condition who is not a resident of Maine or who has been a resident of Maine less than 30 days, who is qualified by another jurisdiction for the medical use of marijuana. Your state must be approved by the state of Maine.
Wellness Connection of Maine accepts out-of-state members (visiting qualifying patients) from the following states that have been approved by the state of Maine:
Approved states: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa. Massachusetts. Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, Washington, DC (Click HERE to view the state site list as it is subject to change).
Patients who are residents of these states may purchase medical cannabis products from a registered dispensary or caregiver subject to the limitations imposed by the laws and rules of the State of Maine if the following 2 criteria are met:
- Home-jurisdiction certification: The visitor shall possess a valid medical use of marijuana certification issued by the visitor’s home jurisdiction.
- Photographic identification: The visitor shall possess a valid Government Issued ID or Driver’s License.