Are you interested in making your own edibles, but don’t know any recipes? Well, we have a great infused butter recipe with full instructions to get you started on your cooking journey. Infused butter can be used to create many different edibles that fit your taste buds. To view more and to see the full recipe, please visit our YouTube channel or our recipe page.
- 2 oz. Wellness Connection Baker’s Mix
- 1 lb. of unsalted butter, cut into chunks
(Unsalted butter has lower water content than salted, for this reason, we recommend that you use unsalted butter)
- French Press
- Large Glass Bowl
- Place all Baker’s Mix in an oven-safe bag (such as a Reynold’s Turkey Bag) and close with oven tie.
- Decarboxylate (bake to activate the THC) Baker’s Mix in the oven at 240 degrees for 30 mins. Be sure to agitate and move product around in the oven bag every 10 minutes, to avoid any hot spots in the Baker’s mix (be careful, it’s very hot!).
- Then put all ingredients in a crockpot or double boiler.
- Hold at a constant temp of 180 degrees and allow to steep for 2-4 hrs, stirring intermittently.
- Then turn off heat and let the butter cool.
- Strain/press out in 3 sheets of cheesecloth over a strainer, or alternatively in a French press. This will remove the plant material and leave with pure infused butter.
- Pour into mini loaf pans or butter molds of your choice.
- After it sets up, butter may be kept frozen for up to 6 months in an airtight container (clearly labeled as a medicated product).
Note: Be sure to use a gram scale when using infused butter, potency always varies with each batch, however, WCM consistently tests ours at @ 9-8 mg THC/ gram.
Reminder: Foods prepared with canna-butter can provide long-lasting, effective relief for many conditions and symptoms. When medicating with edible products, remember that a little goes a long way and the effects can take up to an hour to be noticeable. Start with a very small portion (1-inch square brownie, for example, or one small cookie) and wait to feel the effects before ingesting more. Keep out of the reach of children and pets.